Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I sign a contract to purchase my lease end car however i

Customer Question

I sign a contract to purchase my lease end car however i have changed my mind to purchase the car can i get out of this contract? ps the lease was not ended
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did the contract have a cancellation clause in the contract? Under NY law there is no 3 day right to cancel this type of contract unless the contract contains a cancellation clause. The 3 day right to cancel is only for door to door unsolicited type sales, but not for car purchases. So once someone signs a car contract, they are bound to that contract unless there is a cancellation clause in the contract itself.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
even though this was early termination on my leased car i cannot go back to complete my lease

Thank you for your reply.

You can go back only if the dealer will allow you to do so, if there is a clause in the contract to cancel the purchase. If there is no such clause, then I am afraid there is no buyer's remorse in these situations.