KnowYourRights
KnowYourRights, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience protecting consumers against unfair, deceptive, or fraudulent advertising, marketing and financial practices.
9540344

I purchased 8,000. dollars of skin care products yesterday

Customer Question

I purchased 8,000. dollars of skin care products yesterday and have had chest pain since then. They are unopened I have a receipt and I paid by credit, and it is less than 24 hours can I take them back? Half of the order is to be shipped, should I refuse delivery?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. You bought these in person? Do you know what the return policy is for the company? Is there anything written on the receipt or was there anything posted at the place of sale?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In person nothing posted in store or on receipt, even their website is unclear, www.goldelements.com.

I think you shared the wrong site

What is the website?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Www.goldelements.net was the site I went to but on the business card I see***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh shit, the second part of the receipt says 7 day return except truffle/mega/oxygen sets, which is all the most expensive stuff and some of this is mega
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh my g-d I'm going to throw up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why don't they tell you the sales are final that msg isprinted on the bottom of the credit card receipt, by then it's too late!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not only that the bulk of the cost 7500. was for the gold luminescence infusion and the rest of the stuff was free. On the receipt all of the mega stuff is listed and the gold luminescence isn't even on there!

I am sorry to hear of this. If it is printed on the receipt, that would likely be deemed proper notice, advising of the return policy and the time in which you have to return it. Now, if the other items listed can not be returned, there needs to be a sign or something to evidence that these can not be returned and are not part of the 7 day time period.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh my g-d, what I paid for isn't on the receipt and very thing that was "gratis" is on the receipt

So you are saying they put the free items on the receipt and there is no record of what you paid for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
omg
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the gratis stuff is the stuff that is "excepted" --not returnable

Very odd that they would do that. However, just clarify for me, if they did list everything on the receipt which you purchased, would you still be within the 7 day time period to return it or were those some of the excluded items which could not be returned?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wonder if I only got half of the receipt, it has only been 24 hours, and all of the stuff on my receipt is non returnable whereas the thing I meant to purchase isn't listed and it doesn't look like everything is on the receipt
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if they won't take it back can I sell the stuff on eBay?

The first thing you need to do is go back to the store with all the products and get this sorted out. Ask them why only the free items are on the receipt and ask if only half was given to you and why there is no documentation and evidence of the purchased items. Then, since only 24 hours have passed and there is a 7 day window, return whatever you can, which was purchased. After that, see if there is something posted that clearly states what items are EXCLUDED from return. I say this because you only get a receipt after purchase and at that time, it is to late, so you could argue there was never proper notice and you were under the belief that all items could be returned. In the event that they will not take the items back and everything is closed and sealed, you likely could sell it to a third party to try and recover a portion of your money

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. Thank you.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!