Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
16823287

Behind on car title loan car repossessed on 9/29 although

Customer Question

Hi Michelle, behind on car title loan car repossessed on 9/29 although received letter from lender dated 9/26 stating I have 10 days to bring account current. Is it legal to repossess even though the letter is giving 10 days which would have been 10/5
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)!

Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information for your educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with a JA expert;

(B) If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney of your choice in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given by a JA expert;

(C) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time. Please wait until then to assign the rating; and

(D) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then please know that I make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you accept, understand and agree to these terms.

I AM LOOKING AT YOUR QUESTION NOW AND WILL BE BACK SHORTLY TO ASSIST YOU...

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

It can be but you woud need to look at the contract that you signed. For example, they can be telling you that your have 10 days to bring the account current before they file suit as opposed to before they repossess the vehicle. If the contract you signed, on the other hand, states that they have to give you 10 days notice and grace period before they reposses, then their early repo may constitute a breach of the title loan agreement.

If this answers your question, please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time.

If you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place.

You may request me in the future on new and unrelated questions by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".

Thank you for using Just Answer.