Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

DoIN THE LAKE HAVASU CITY JUSTICE COURT OF THE STATE OF

Customer Question

DoIN THE LAKE HAVASU CITY JUSTICE COURT OF THE STATE OF ARIZONA IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF MOHAVE Honorable Jill W. Davis Case Number: JCV###-##-####Midland Funding LLC, Plaintiff v. Sharon Dahl, and ***** *****ak, Defendants SUMMARY JUDGMENT MOTION COME
NOW Defendants Sharon Dahl and ***** *****ak, who move for summary judgment on all of the claims in the Complaint (# *****###-##-####. CLAIM AND DEFENSE WHICH JUDGMENT IS SOUGHT A. Defendants state that debt was incurred in California, and is over 10 years in
age: and, therefore, based on the California Statute of Limitations on Debt for Open-Ended Credit Card accounts is years, the debt is no longer valid. B. The Plaintiff commenced this action by filing a Complaint on August 31, 2015. C. Therefore, the undisputed
facts established that the claim in untimely. CONCLUSION Defendants are entitled to summary judgment based on their defense of statute of limitations. Defendants move to dismiss the case. Defendants also request that the court file sanctions against the Plaintiff
and their counsel for knowingly filing a frivolous case with the court. we file for a Motion for Summary Judgment prior to the Pre-Trial Conference?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to review court documents for you and provide feedback.

However, you said that this debt was incurred in California, and you didn't mention that you were no longer living in the state. The statute of limitations stops running when a person moves out of the state where the debt is incurred - it's put on pause. If the two of you moved to Arizona before the four year statute of limitations expired, they are still allowed to sue her.

There is still no set of facts where the plaintiff suing you makes any sense, unless you signed something promising to pay your girlfriend's debt from before you started dating (I'm assuming you didn't do that).