How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 115464
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

State of Maryland sheriff is trying to serve me with court

Customer Question

state of Maryland sheriff is trying to serve me with court order oral exam for a back HOA of 1000 this was satisfied but he is still trying to serve {A} so he can get paid (B) once served it goes on docket and I am concerned others will do the same what happens if I do not get served since the dept has been taken care of and they have sent me court showing satisfied ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you do not get served, then they cannot proceed with the examination. If the debt is paid in full and you have the court proof the debt is paid in full then you need to at least send a letter to the counsel for the other party with a copy of your proof the debt is satisfied, because they could continue later to try to do this examination again.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions