P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16+ yrs. of legal experience.
11181181

I signed a contract at the new Atlanta falcon statium one

Customer Question

i signed a contract for seating at the new Atlanta falcon statium one day ago gave a 450 dollar deposit signed over the internet but now do to family problems i need to cancel the contract can i do this is there a fed law for a 3 day grace on contracts
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.

I am sorry to be the one to bear bad news.

What you are describing is not covered by the federal or state right to cancel laws.

There is a federal law that allows "right to rescind" (right to cancel) SOME contracts. Specifically, the federal law gives 3 days to cancel mortgage loans (when the loans are federally insured) and "door to door sales" contracts.

And there is a state law that allows cancellation of time share sales, and health club memberships.

But no law that would allow you to cancel the contract you are describing.

This is the part of my job I don't like...when the law is not in favor of my customer. I wish I could tell you that the law would allow you to cancel, but I can only provide you information based on the law so that you can act on the best available information to you...I wish I had better news, but can only hope you recognize and understand my predicament and don't shoot the messenger. I'm sorry!
Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.