Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Sprint made a verbal offer $19/mo "loyalty" credit if I

Customer Question

Sprint made a verbal offer for a $19/mo "loyalty" credit if I lease a new phone. I have 4 phones on my plan, so we leased 4 new phones. We should be receiving $76/mo loyalty credit but Sprint refuses to give us the credit because it is "not compatible" with my plan.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

There are many accusations about cell companies and those alleged officers and there are state attorney general investigations into the unfair and deceptive practices and false advertising. However, under the laws, the Statute of Frauds, does state that any binding contracts of this nature would be required to be in writing. So, if they made a verbal promise, that promise once accepted by the customer is subject to the terms and conditions st forth by the company in the contract. This is what needs to be examined by the attorney general, since the advertisement is being claimed to be unfair and deceptive and false advertisement.

If the attorney general determines it to be unfair/deceptive and false advertising claim, you would then have a legal action against the company for damages and up to triple damages for the unfair practices plus attorney's fees.