Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
16823287

Several years ago, I lived in an apartment complex. The

Customer Question

Several years ago, I lived in an apartment complex. The building I lived in and each apartment was extensively remodeled and in doing so there was damage to my bathroom door. I put in a maintenance request that was never answered. A few months later I
lost my job and I was evicted. The apartment complex charged me for the damage and sent the charges to a creditor. How can I deal with this? In fact, is there a general way I should deal with a creditor that comes at me with a bogus charge?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

If you do not address this they may hurt your credit and/or sue you to collect on the debt. If you want to address this make sure you send them a written explanation of what happened and dispute that you the debt. If they continue to bother you there after, then you can send them a letter like this one. If you want them to stop calling you send a letter like this.

If they sue, then you will need to defend the suit based on your testimony of what happened and prove it with some supporting documents...

If this answers your question, please assign a feedback rating so JA will compensate me for my time.

If you are not satisfied with the answer, I would appreciate knowing why so that I can try to clear up any misunderstanding that may have taken place. Please allow up to 24 hours for a follow-up response if I am signed off.

You may request me in the future on new and unrelated questions by beginning the question with "THIS IS FOR MAVERICK".

Thank you for using Just Answer.