Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  25 yrs. of experience in employment law, real estate and business law, family law, criminal defense and immigration.
20073497

I RECENT APPLIED NETSPEND PREPAID CARD. THEY REQUIED ME TO

Customer Question

I RECENT APPLIED FOR A NETSPEND PREPAID CARD. THEY REQUIED ME TO SEND ALL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION AS TO PROVE MY IDENTITY, IN FACT OVER TEN DOCUMENTS, AND STI.LL DENIED MY APPLICATION FOR ACTIVATION, I BELIEVE THE WERE USING THIS AS A MEANS FOR DSCRIMINATIO, I NEVER BEEN TREATED SO RUDELY BY AN ORGANIZATION, I WASN'T APPLYING FOR A LOAN JUST A SIMPLE DEBIT CARD SO I COULD SHOP ONLINE SINCE I AM DIABLE AND IN A WHEEL CHAIR, TRYING TO GET SET FOR THE WINTER MONTHS BEFORE IT GETS HERE. GET OUTSIDE IN CHICAGO IN THE WINTER. MY QUESTION IS , IS THERE ANY LEAGAL ACTION I CAN TAKE AGAINST THEM. SEEM TO ME THEY WERE USING ''JIM CROW'' TACTIS TO DENY MY APLICATION FOR ACTIVATION.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Andrea, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the Attorneys in the legal categories here on JustAnswer. I will be glad to Answer your questions and the only thing I ask is that you leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer gives me credit for assisting you. You have already placed a deposit with JustAnswer, so it will not cost you anything additional to leave a positive rating, Fair enough ? I am so sorry to hear how badly you were treated. It seems to me that in today's society, everybody is rude and nobody bothers to be courteous to anyone.

In Answer to your question of if there is any legal action you can bring against the company issuing these cards, I sincerely ***** ***** I could give you the Answer you want to hear and tell you that you can sue them and win, but I have an ethical obligation to give you correct Answers so that you know where you stand and you can act accordingly. Card issuing companies - whether they issue credit cards or prepaid debit cards have discretion as to whom they will issue their cards and there is really nothing that we can do to force them to issue a card. I do not understand the reason for their denial. If it is a prepaid card, you were not asking them to extend you any credit through any charge card, so I am at a total loss. If the company denied your request for a prepaid card, you are entitled to the reason for the denial. If they did not give you a reason in writing, then you should call them and ask to speak to a supervisor and ask them to give you a reason for their denial. I wish I could give you the Answer you want to hear - that you have a viable case against the company based on their denial, but that would not be a correct Answer. I apologize for not being able to give you the Answer that you were hoping for, but to tell you that you could sue them would be giving you inaccurate information, so I am respectfully ***** ***** you not hold that against me.

Kindly leave a positive rating so that JustAnswer gives me credit for assisting you, ​

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA