Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in PA & NJ, Experienced attorney.
18572087

I have been seeing a dentist who has been bullying me into

Customer Question

I have been seeing a dentist who has been bullying me into getting implants. There's was a big misunderstanding as I didn't know that I would be wearing dentures for 3 to 6 mos. When I learned of this I decided to get dentures instead of spending 20000.00 on implants. The day I went in for my impressions etc was the day I learned of this for the first time. I was scheduled to have 5 teeth removed the next day but after sitting in his dental chair for 3 hours my back became very painful to the point of tears. I have serious scoliosis (85 degree angle). I'm 69 years old and needed to see my Dr the day of the surgery. I explained this to them yet they threatened to charge me 6000.00 for cancelling my appointment and to pay a third of the costs of my surgery before I had it completed. My trust was going to pay the 20000.00 after the work was completed yet now they won't accept this anymore. My trustee has made it very clear to them that she will not pay any money before my procedure is compleated yet they will not accept this. Basically they appear to be punishing me for cancelling my appt. I am scheduled to have an MRI on the 22 of Sept. My back is so painful from sitting in his chair that I had to have a toradol injection to enable me to tolerate the pain there is much more to this story but won't get into that now. Do I have a case as I am disabled and I'm being treated horribly by them. I am not sure what to do or where to go from here. Thanks. Mary XX. XX. XXX
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

My apologies to you and your situation. However I am unclear as to your question. A case against what, exactly? Being treated horribly is not inherently a crime, nor does it somehow terminate a contract. Please understand that I have not read the contract that you signed with your Doctor, but if it stated that you are liable if you change your mind, he is within his rights to demand compensation. And that has nothing to do with your disability since there is no limitation on what contracts you can enter into as someone disabled. This may be punishment on their end, or it may be contractual, so it would likely be wise for you to check what you signed and what you promised--if it clearly states in the document that you have to pay part of the fees even if you change your mind, then the doctor is not acting improperly.

Sincerely,

Dimitry, Esq.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There's so much more to this story and I would have to write a book about all that has been going on throughout this process. I did not sign a contract and since my trust was going to pay in full only after the procedure was completed they now refuse to pay any upfront charges per agreement intially. They sent a bill to my trust several weeks prior to my scheduled appt for implants. The bill reflected charges for 2 extractions and nitrious oxide which was never performed. I talked to the financial person showing her these charges and she then offered to reimburse me. Why was this bill sent to my trust as they knew that had not been performed (including the financial person) my trust did pay for this and had I not caught it they would have paid for services not rendered. There is more to all of this but I can't write the whole story in an email. I'm very disappointed by your response but not knowing the entire story and the sequence of events that happened from start to finish I do understand that you would not be able to get the whole picture. Thank you for responding. Mary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thank you for your follow-up, Mary.

My apologies but I can only work with what was provided, I cannot answer or make presumptions about information that may not have existed. I am sorry if you are disappointed, but as we are communicating via a limited medium here, I can only work with the facts provided. As far as speaking via phone, I do apologize but I do not engage in such services because it may violate my state bar limitations. I can, however, discuss via Skype if you wish, but be aware that doing so would not create an attorney/client relationship or any representation claims. It will however help you with communicating the whole story to me if you felt that my information was too limited on existing facts. Please advise.