Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

We had water damage. A company came out to install fans.

Customer Question

We had water damage. A company came out to install fans. Before the installation the installer informed us they would clean up the mold, and the insurance would pay for the damage. I signed the contract for the fans. The same day another representative
came out informing us he was going to call an environmental team in to write up a plan. I said the insurance is not going to pay for this, and asked him to call the company to pick up the fans. He said he would. The next day no one called or came. I called
the main number telling them the same thing. I left my name, phone number, and address. No one called or came. I called the installer of the fans, and left a message saying the same thing. He did not call me back. On day three or four, I called the installer,
and he said they were going to pick the fans up. I was the last day the fans were supposed to be in our home. Are we required to pay the $1,400.00? Thank you -
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

You are not. You may refuse to pay on basis of breach of contract. Once there is repair to your satisfaction, then consider compromising the balance owing.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly take a moment to rate me positively.