Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

I purchased a 2013 Ford Focus in May 2013 new. In June of

Customer Question

I purchased a 2013 Ford Focus in May 2013 new. In June of 2014 I noticed the transmission had a problem and that when on an incline after taking off the break the car rolled backward. According to Ford it is supposed to have a 15 second delay which it does not. I have had 3 incidents where I had to punch the gas in order to not hit the person behind me and when doing so "Hop" into traffic. Once into oncoming traffic. Thank goodness there was no traffic at the time. Another time I almost rolled backward into my mother. Also while "hopping" up my driveway which is on an incline I hit the garage causing damage. We took the car to Rod Baker Ford in Plainfield where they fixed the problem til April of 2015 when the transmission slipped AGAIN. They fixed it. Then the problem reared it's ugly head at the beginning of this month September. We called Rod Baker as they were familiar with the car and the problem but were told they couldn't even look at the car for two weeks. We then went to Ron Tirapelli Ford in Joliet where my husband was told that this is a transmission thing with the 2013 Ford Focus as it has no torque converter and is essentially a manual transmission. They then took it for a test drive but not uphill and sent my husband off in a death trap. We waited til the 16th with high hopes that Rod Baker Ford having fixed the problem twice would do do gain. The service manager Darryl took my husband to a test drive and DID NOT drive it uphill, and said that it is a problem with the foreign transmission and that we had to live with it. I am still waiting for a regional manager to call me back who was supposed to within 24 hours and that was two days ago, I have since spoken with Customer Relations more than half a dozen times. We still owe over 12k on the car and will not get that as a trade in as we have checked. Consciously I cannot let anyone else take this deathtrap. My alternatives are to pay for a car that sits in my garage, drive it and take my life and others into my own hands, or let Ford repo the car and ruin our credit. We bought the car from Rub Ford in Gardner and they never told us that the automatic we thought we were buying has a manual transmission, and even though the problem was fixed twice, it is now just the way it is. If you look online at the 2013 Ford Focus you will find thousands of accounts of this same problem. I am disabled, and we cannot afford another car. I can be reached at(###) ###-####or(###) ###-#### ***** you.
XXX
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

I noticed your question had been online for a while. Like most of the experts in the Legal categories, I don't do telephone calls and I suspect that's why no one has picked up.

Do you want me to assist you in this format?

If so, with what specific question can I assist?