insearchoftheanswer
insearchoftheanswer, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing lawyer for 31 years
17027240

InFlorida. Signed a contract and made down payment new roof

Customer Question

InFlorida. Signed a contract and made down payment for a new roof yesterday. Sale made in my home. Pressured into signing. Not given time to read the terms. I am a senior citizen. Can I cancel?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  insearchoftheanswer replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Yes, you can cancel this. This is considered a "home solicitation sale," because it took place in your home. Cancellation of a home solicitation sale must be made in writing to the seller by no later than midnight of the third business day after the day the buyer signed the contract. A written notice sent by mail must be postmarked by no later than midnight of the third business day after the contract date. In the case of a home solicitation sale, a refund must be mailed within 10 days after the sale has been cancelled. If the salesperson gives you any issues, refer them to this link: http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/main/18c35b713adbd1ad85256cc90053b3bc!OpenDocument

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!

That would not be applicable. The Florida law takes precedence. The 25% would only be if you cancelled after the period allowed by Florida statute. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If the contract says they keep 25% of total if cancelled does the Florida law over ride that?

Thanks for following up. That would not be applicable. The Florida law takes precedence. The 25% would only be if you cancelled after the period allowed by Florida statute. :)