Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have the same situation where my car was towed after an

Customer Question

I have the same situation where my car was towed after an accident to a storage facility but only after being told I would owe $190 for towing fees and didn't have my wallet on me at the time (my son was in the accident driving my car and when I got the call I dropped everything, got in the car and was there in 5 minutes). I said I had already called aaa to come tow the car to my house. I asked if he could tow the car to my house which was 3 miles away, and he responded with "don't worry about paying for storage, if insurance doesn't take care of it, I'll only charge you for the towing fee $190". I said I could have aaa come pick it up tomorrow. He said don't worry about we've got room it's no problem, you can leave it there, I won't charge you. I said we had to wait up to 10 days to get the accident report. No problem he said. 13 days later I get a lien in the mail for$380 towing charge and $980 storage. I call and speak to someone in the office and ask what the hell is this, I'm told it's just a formality and blah blah blah. I tell her the driver said I would not have to pay storage and only for the tow of $190. She puts me on hold and returns with, "your right, he confirmed he told you that" don't worry and call us when you have your insurance info. I was never told my car would be liened. I wanted my totaled car and was planning on negotiating with insurance for the salvage. I know what the parts are worth for a BMW. Is there anything I can do to get my car returned to me now?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You need to file complaint with your Attorney General's Office and with the Better Business Bureau since the company misled you.