Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

We bought a 2009 Patriot Jeep from TexasCarz "as is,"

Customer Question

We bought a 2009 Patriot Jeep from TexasCarz "as is," however, the ABS light came on when we drove off the lot. So we took the car right back to TexasCarz and they said their mechanic would fixed the problem. TexasCarz called and said the car is fixed. But when we picked up the car the ABS light came back on... They said bring the car back and the same scenario happened 2 more times. So, we took the car to Firestone to get it checked out and Firestone said that TexasCarz mechanic messed up the ABS module and they would not touch it. So, we took the car back to TexasCarz today and they promised to fix it. My question is: although the purchase was "as is" are they (TexasCarz) now responsible because they worked on the car after the purchase and made it worse?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Do you have any evidence that the car dealer's mechanic in fact caused any damage to the vehicle beyond the issue that existed when you initially brought the vehicle back for repairs after purchasing it?