Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I accepted a 0% loan months 2% fee, which I paid upfront..

Customer Question

I accepted a 0% loan for 14 months for a 2% fee, which I paid upfront.. $12000 loan at $240., from Chase Bank...This was an access check against a charge card,always paid in full every month. They immediately started charging interest every month and claim it is valid. I paid the entire loan in full before promo period ended. They have assessed interest charges and late fees up to $550 so far! They DEFENDED this EXTORTION by stating "the only way to avoid payning interest is to pay the entire balance in full each month"... this is both deception and misleading because how and why would anyone pay a loan in full at it inception, especiall after paying a 2% fee upfront? Can you explain how this extortion continues to proliferate, through deception by omission of pertinent facts,manipulation, as "bait and switch" tactic,etc???
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Do you have a specific legal question that I can answer for you?