Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
16823287

Years now... I have been seeing psychiatrists. I have been

Customer Question

For many years now... I have been seeing psychiatrists. I have been forced to take their "anti-psychotic" drugs, labeled as having severe mental illness, lied about, my sanity questioned for having a belief and faith in God, etc. Just recently I met with my psychiatrist and she won't listen to me, nor do anything to treat my anxiety. She denied me access to a med I was on for a very short time; which she knew was helping me. She now wants to put me on heavy psychotropic drugs I don't need and acts like I am getting worse. She doesn't care about me. After All I have learned and been through with psychiatry I don't believe they are helping me. I am dependent on SSDI and have no other form of income. I am also getting some help from an agency that helps people labeled with mental illness. I am tired of relying on others who don't want to take me seriously as a person and who deny me the right to even have a bed to sleep on. Would you please e-mail me at XXXXXXXXXX and let me know what I can do. I really need help.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

It seems to me that you are not in need of legal assistance but rather may be a shift in the way that you look at things. About 13 years ago I went through something similar. It took me a while to realize that when you are able to see a truth that 98% of others may not be able to see, then it takes some time to adjust to this new paradigm. I had to start all over at rock bottom and work very hard to get back on my feet; but I managed to do it. God was there by my side every step of the way. So, maybe do not look so much for support from the outside world. Instead, you acknowledge your truth and move forward knowing full and well that others may not know or see what you see and be okay with that and where they are at compared to where you are at.

I hope this helps.