Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in PA & NJ, Experienced attorney.
18572087

Rented a storage shed year ... made written arrangements to

Customer Question

Rented a storage shed for a year ... made written arrangements to make a payment and the arrangements were agreed to by the representative (via e-mail correspondence). Day of payment advised shed had been auctioned three days earlier.
Individual, whom they will not give me name or telephone number, felt "sorry" for us (a family of 5 -- with numerable priceless and valuable items!) dropped off "cartons" of items that "he felt was so personal (tropies / medals / artwork, etc.). He must have done this on the 8 or 9th of September. The storage shed representative now claims it would be to costly to "send" the items to Alaska and would gladly put them in a smaller storage unit at a super good rate ... but needs to know today if that's what we want the company to do. She also suggested someone from the Palm Desert area come and pick up the items and hence, eliminate and credit reporting, outstanding balances, etc. on the account.
Needless to say I am sickened by what happened. My son had tools, furniture, jewelry, etc. in the shed .... and we've been paying for over a year ...
What do you suggest? I need to do something NOW.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns..

Oh, good lord. I must ask, were you behind on paying for the storage shed? Before this was auctioned, were you notified in writing that this could occur?