Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I reciently purchased a vehicle from copart online...the

Customer Question

I reciently purchased a vehicle from copart online...the advertisement stated 73,000 actual miles and clear title. After receiving the vehicle I ran a carfax and it came back with a statement that the vehicle was a previous taxi with over 400,000 miles and a branded title from an odometer change. Do I have any recourse against copart?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you do. You can return the car and ask for your money back because the company materially misrepresented the mileage on the car. 400,000 miles is quite different from 73,000 miles, or you can ask that the price of the car be reduced to reflect the actual mileage. If the company ignores you or denies you request, you can file with your Attorney General's office and the Better Business Bureau or file lawsuit against the company for unfair and deceptive practice.