Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of private practice
9968427

Someone by the name of Jess call me from Federal Gaming

Customer Question

Someone by the name of Jess Cook call me from Federal Gaming Control(###) ###-#### ***** me the number to American sweepstakes network to verify 2nd place winner of $475,000. I called the number(###) ###-####and gave them the claim number she gave me the person answered verify me as a winner and said that they had turned it over to her because I had not find it to the latter-day scent of notification. If I wanted to claim the Oh what I would have to follow the procedures with Jess Cook. I was asked to pay insurance fees for the delivery 475000 bank check from Bank of America to be delivered by courier once I send $4,750 dollars which is 10% of $475,000.dollars. She agreed for them to cover $4,000 of it and I need to pay $750 by Money Gram once I get the reference number to them they would have the courier out to my house by the afternoon.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for directing your question to me.

This is a common scam that appears in many places and under many names. Do not send money to these scam artists.

A legitimate sweepstakes will never require that you pay money in order to receive the proceeds

I wish I had better news but it's better to know the truth

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your speedy response!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a database where you can find out if you got a legitimate award inheritance and or sweepstakes award?
Expert:  Ellen replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately there is no such database. However you may contact the FBI to report the call