P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16+ yrs. of legal experience.
11181181

Two weeks ago I accepted a $1,500 bid from Pack On The Go

Customer Question

Hello:
Two weeks ago I accepted a $1,500 bid from Pack On The Go Moving Company to move me from 600 Three Islands Boulevard, Apt 119 B, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009 to Five Star Senior Residences at 2470 North Park Road, Apt 109S, Hollywood, FL 33021 on September 1, 2015.
When they finished moving me they demanded that I pay them $2,500 because they said that their estimate was too low. Before the move I threw out about 25% of the stuff I had when the did the estimate. They were supposed to pack and unpack everything for me but they left 12 cartons for me to unpack.
I'm and 81 year old, handicapped, Korean War Veteran living on a fixed income and I can't unpack myself. They also left behind many of my possessions including my oxygenator that I need for breathing.
I had to use advance credit from my bank to cover the check I gave them and the interest rate is very high.
Please help me if you can. This company should be punished for taking advantage of me.
Thank you very much.
Very truly yours:
Martin H. Zafman
(###) ###-####
(###) ###-####(cell)
***@******.***
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Happy to chat on the phone; I will send the offer.