Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Experience:  Practice of law for 20 years
10707909

Is the false advertising the same with misleading in United

Customer Question

Is the false advertising the same with misleading in United States ? Which is the difference between this and fraud ? Which are the main constituents of each (fraud, misleading, false advertising) ?
Thanks !
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard

False advertising is any published claim that is deceptive or untruthful. This is also fraudulent.

Misleading advertising is any published claim that gives a consumer an incorrect understanding of the product they are interested in purchasing or using. The false and misleading advertising by companies of any product may result in the consumer suffering a financial loss, or another form of damage to the consumer. This is also fraudulent.

Please let me know if you have other questions in this regard. Keep in mind, I can only answer and provide information for what you ask. I do not know what you need to know, unless you tell me. Please rate positive as this is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you