Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.
18321761

Is viewing online pornogpraphy illegal if me and my buddies

Customer Question

Is viewing online pornogpraphy illegal if me and my buddies would watch it using wifi connection in our dorm? I am a bit affraid. They do it all the time but I am not sure if it is not against the law taking into consideration that they use residential university connection
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Pornography is legal so long as all of you are at least 18 and the participants in the photos and videos are also at least 18.

Whether you and your dorm mates would be breaking any university regulations would be another story and something that you'd need to look up in your student handbooks. But as long as you are of age and so are the porn stars on the sites you are watching, you are not breaking any Pennsylvania law.