Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and handled many cases and trials for consumers.
11068102

This a credit dispute question. My elderly father took a car

Customer Question

This a credit dispute question. My elderly father took a car motor to a shipping yard to return to original shipper because the motor was damaged. The shipping yard had him leave the motor so that they could weigh and measure for an estimate or cost to ship. They stated they would call him with the cost to ship price. The shipping yard instead shipped the motor and billed my father $900. The cost to ship was more than the price of the motor which was $400. The recycle yard that shipped the motor to him initially through the same shipping company only paid $245.
We are disputing the entire bill because the shipping company never told him how much it would cost prior to shipping. If they had, he would have kept the motor and sought out other options.
I spoke with them asking if they had anything documented showing the agreed price or a date in which they spoke to my father agreeing to same. They said they do not and that they always invoice the clients after the fact.
What are our options as I have disputed this in writing twice and they are now threatening to put this in collections and on my Dad's credit report.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Further, if you get a message asking if you want to do additional services like a telephone call that message is automatically generated by the website and is not sent from me. I, like most of the experts in the Legal categories, do not do telephone calls due to issues with State Bar rules and other concerns.

I need you to be more specific in your question(s) if you could. When we answer general ones like "what are my rights" or "what are my options" we have to give general answers and, invariably, the customer responds with "I already knew that". This type of forum works better if you ask specific questions so we know exactly what you are looking for.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel my request. Thanks