Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I appealed an eviction suit to County Texas civil court. We

Customer Question

I appealed an eviction suit to Harris County Texas civil court. We agreed to mediation. The confidential agreement from mediation awaded me several months of free rent. I agreed to move out after the free rent period. Landlord lord agreed to give "neutral" references to prospective landlords. About 60 days before my time limit i searched and put in a couple of application with fees and deposit. The landlord delayed responding to the inquires until three days before the time limits were expired. Then the respond said i was being evicted. A second deposit paid the same adverse responses from the landlord. After time limits were expired landlord gets a eviction order from the county judge and authorization to get a writ of possession after providing me with a ten day notice. What action can i take two eight days after the judgment and two days before the Writ may issue. Just yesterday my last application was rejected when my landlord refused to complete the referral form.
Submitted: 1 year ago via LawDepot.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If you came to a mediated agreement and the landlord is now violating that agreement, you have grounds to sue them for breach of contract. The mediation agreement is treated just like a contract and even though it may be confidential, if the landlord is breaching that agreement it can be disclosed and filed in the court in your suit against the landlord for breach of contract and you can seek all damages from your landlord for them breaching your mediated agreement.

So, your recourse now is to sue the landlord in civil court for breach of contract.