Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

The contract states Buyer's Right To Cancel: A buyer shall

Customer Question

The contract states Buyer's Right To Cancel: A buyer shall have until midnight of the seventh business day after the date on which the first sevice under the health club agreement is available to cancel if the health club agreement is subject to a finance charge. Cancellation is evidenced by the buyer giving written notice of cancellation to the health club at the address of any facility available for use by the buyer under the health club agreement. The buyer shall deliver the notice by personal delivery or by certified mail delivery, return receipt requested. Personal delivery is effective when delivered to the health club or the the health club's address, whichever comes first. notice of cancellation by certified mail delivery shall be effective upon date of post marking.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

What is your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I signed a contract for a year at a fitness center and they fired my trainer and i did not want any other so i quit the club. ABC financial wants to hold me to the $3K. What can I do?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you within the cancellation period?