Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I put $6000 down on a new Harley Saturday using a credit

Customer Question

I put $6000 down on a new Harley Saturday using a credit card and now want to back out of the sale. I'm willing to give the dealer $1000 for their trouble, but the CC company is acting like they can't back out and I am yet to approach the dealer?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) please wait to rate until I ask you to do so. It may take a few replies for me to be able to render an complete answer. I will let you know when I do.

I am sorry to hear about this. Please tell me:

1) Did you sign anything in writing in regards ***** ***** sale yet? Is so - what - the contract?
2) Does the contract have a cooling off period?
3) What state is this in?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First I did not intend to sign up for any monthly membership. If this has happened cancel immediately.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

JustAnswer experts do not have access to the billing screen of customers. So I honestly do not know whether or not you did sign up for any type of subscription. You can go to www.justanswer.com/help and get this clarified by customer service - they are nice and eager to help.

Once you are ready to proceed, let me know.