Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney,16 years experience in consumer protection areas
19958803

I purchased a bluegreen time share, my question is does the

Customer Question

I purchased a bluegreen time share, my question is does the 10 day cancelation for Tennessee apply if purchased in Tennessee but property location is listed as South Carolina. Also on the cancellation letter which location do I put in?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

If you purchased the time share in TN, then that is the state where the rescission period would apply. In Tennessee, a timeshare contract is voidable up until you receive the public offering statement. The contract can also be cancelled within:

• ten days from the date you signed the contract, if you made an on-site inspection of the timeshare project prior to signing the contract, or
  • 15 days after you sign the contract, if you did not make an on-site inspection of the timeshare project before you signed the contract (Tenn. Code Ann. § 66-32-114(a)).

The right to cancel cannot be waived (Tenn. Code Ann. § 66-32-114(c)).

.

As for where to mail the cancellation, it should state on the contract the address, but if there are several addresses listed, I would err on the side of caution and mail a certified letter stating you are exercising your right to cancel under Tenn. Code Ann. § 66-32-114(a) to them all.

.

You can't be too careful and don't want to give them grounds to say that they never got the cancellation at the proper address.

.

.

thanks