Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

We bought a used car 30 dys ago today. We have had use of

Customer Question

We bought a used car 30 dys ago today. We have had use of the car for maybe a week of this time. We trusted the dealer and his mechanic, who said the car was sound, b/c another trusted person recommended them; but, the car never was sound.It went back to the shop again and again right away. The dealer finally said maybe he could trade it out. There has been no action. We don't hear from him and have trouble getting hold of him. We desperately need a family car. I want a full refund. Do we have any recourse ?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

If I may ask, how old was this car when purchased? What was the mileage on it? What exactly is the issue with the vehicle? Did you purchase from an authorized dealer? is the vehicle under warranty of some kind? Please advise.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

did the seller mislead you in some way or otherwise put anything in writing that amounts to fraud?

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Please reply and can take it from there. Normally, on an as is sale, you have limited options, But if seller affirmatively lied/misled courts/attorney general office can step in and undo it based on common law principles including fraud and fair dealings.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

That full refund then can be obtained by negotiation, threat of legal action, and pursuing a claim with the attorney general, and state court. If you paid by credit card, the card company sometimes helps too!

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

Kindly click on an excellent rating.

Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.

thank you