Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I purchased a Dodge Avenger in 2011 and the Bank approved

Customer Question

I purchased a Dodge Avenger in 2011 and the Bank approved the finance. I was informed by the dealer that the bank reniged on the financing and I would have to bring the car back. I told the dealer I will not hide the car he can come and get it. 2 years and eight months passes and the dealer eventually came to get the car. In the car was personal items ofvalue and I aslked the dealer wher are my personal property. I was tro;ld the car was sold and they don't know where my stuff is and so what I had their car or over two years and they could not find me. I told them that was a lie because I have only lived at two addresses in Yonkers since having the car, and like I said I never hid the car I have tickets exceeding 3,000.00 parked outside my address. I was towed twice for tickets and I had insurance in force the entire time. Plus once I had to register the car. So for them to say they cpould not find me is a lie. I took the dealer to court I was given a five month date to appear. On the day of court 8/17/2015 the dealer faxed the judge a note stating that the person who does the court thing was out due to death in their family. I have another date on9/1/15. What should I ask for when I go to court.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

The value of the missing items and also the value for loss of their use when the vehicle was repossessed.