CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

I purchased beauticians/barber liability business. but when

Customer Question

I purchased beauticians/barber liability for my business. but when one of my employee licensed estheticain waxing bikini for custoner accident ishappening. then customer claiment to my policy. the ALLSTATE INSURANCE COMPANY IS DINIAL did not cover for
Waing, is that is true?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I spoke with angency producer, I am asking to purchases Insurance liability for my full services Nail salon are Nails, pedecures and manicure ,waxing- That I told with the producer!
When the producer wrote the quote said: The Summary of business form coverages are Buauticians/barber Liabillity coverage.
Now, they said : coverage for nail only! Di not cover for Waxing! But employee has a licensed for esthetician! Also I known that the beautians who worked in nail or skin care is called Esthetians can perform the wax, also offer with clientele with variety services! that I did not know is why Allstate Insurance Company is denial the coverages? Can you finf the answer foe me I would be appreciate.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately I cannot promise you an answer to this question. (Scope of coverage in an insurance policy is detail specific and depends on what is actually written into your policy).

However, many businesses are victim of poor, or sloppy, insurance writing (the insurance agent or representative fails to properly write the policy to match the customer's stated needs (despite clear instruction from the client) and when a loss occurs there is a coverage gap).

The customer's remedy here is to file a breach of contract/professional negligence action against the agent/carrier and a breach of contract (also called a "bad faith") action against the insurance carrier for failure to cover the loss.

Unfortunately this is not a simple or straightforward issue, and while many businesses are successful in getting insurance companies to make right on their claims, it often takes hiring a lawyer to negotiate a resolution on your behalf (a lawyer represents a much greater threat of litigation to the insurance carrier than a letter or demand from their insured - so while a lawyer doesn't give you any additional rights, they can greatly increase your negotiation leverage).

You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).