Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My husband and I purchased a new car from a well known KIA

Customer Question

My husband and I purchased a new car from a well known KIA dealership the first week of July. We were surprised that after havinf the car for two weeks, going into the third week, our bank nor us had received any info on purchasing the car. (car/2015) After two days of calling along with our bank, the paperwork was finally received with the wrong info. (?) Now as of today 8/25/15, we still do not have the paperwork to obtain our license plate, and the car dealersip is staing it should only take another 3-4 days???? Not only would they not update the paperplate but, one of the managers on one of his cards wrote down what he thought was the plate number (???) but saided go to the DMV and get it our selves. The plate was paid we thought when the car was purchased (???)
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.
What state are you in?
Did the dealer give you a temporary dealer plate so you can drive the car until it's registered? (Not all states do this, but I don't know where you are.)
What are your specific questions about what happened? What outcome are you seeking?