Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a problem with Diamonds International on a purchase I

Customer Question

I have a problem with Diamonds International on a purchase I made in Cozumel. I have contacted the company in NY and requested a refund as three appraisals have valued it at $11,400.00 and I paid over$19K. Do I file a claim with the attorney general in NY or do I do it in FL since that is where i live?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The back of receipt says more than one grading discrepancy. My diamond is 1 Color and 1 Clarity, but they say these can't be combined. But going from an I1 clarity to an I2 clarity affects the stone value by almost $4k a carat. we have asked several times to return it for a full refund. We opened a Diamonds International credit account when we purchased and have disputed it with them as well. They will do nothing. Carnival Cruise line has done nothing.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.
I am very sorry to hear about this situation.
Do I file a claim with the attorney general in NY or do I do it in FL since that is where i live?
If one wishes to pursue this by filing a complaint with the Attorney General, then both AGs in FL and in NY should be contacted. While it is more likely that the NY AG will do anything, a complaint with both AGs is recommended.
I hope this helps and clarifies. Gentle Reminder: Use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please rate when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces/stars and then SUBMIT, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars or failing to submit the rating does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith.