CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

If my Brokerage firm send me my monthly investment review

Customer Question

If my Brokerage firm send me my monthly investment review and also encloses that of another client who I know of but never met,do I have any recourse against them?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

No. They have not compromised your personal financial information.

The other customer may potentially have a cause of action against the bank for failure to properly protect their financial information. (See: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/financial-institutions-customer-information-complying). However, if the issue is one of simple negligence, it is unlikely that the claim is going to be worth pursuing for the other customer.

(While you are not required to do so, you may wish to notify the brokerage firm of the error).