Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Tina, I have been working with Eastern Brokers to rent out 8

Customer Question

Tina, I have been working with Eastern Brokers to rent out 8 weeks of timeshare that I have in Mexico. The bank in Mexico has the payout held (deposited by the buyer) until the SAT IS PAID. Eastern Brokers is in Pennsylvania. The bank said that once they have a thumbs up from the SAT OFFICE they will release the funds to me that are being held there.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They said that as soon as I pay the SAT $18100 my funds would be released to me via FEDEX. Would be released is $87700.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
This is what is known as an advance fee scam. DO NOT PAY THEM A DIME. You can read here about this company being a scam: https://www.aimfair.com/T-PS+June162015+Eastern+Brokers
Also, if you want out of your timeshare in Mexico, there is only one real way out and that is not to pay any SAT up front, because that is deducted from the money they have received from the sale (any legitimate sale would deduct the SAT from the purchase money received) and it is to use a local attorney in Mexico to negotiate a termination of the timeshare contract.
There are some attorneys in Mexico, such as http://www.ending-timeshare.com/, who will charge you nothing until they resolve your situation completely and legally.