Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I gave a contractor I trusted a check and told m he couldn't

Customer Question

I gave a contractor I trusted a check and told him he couldn't cash until inspection complete, I was paid, payment cleared. I told him I'd tell him when.
The inspection failed. Upon review of invoices they were 20% overcharge.
Brother of contractor told me his brother deposited check.
I called same day and said job not approved. .so I didnt get paid...plus your invoice is wrong.
4 weeks later..new invoice for different amount.
I'm fighting to get invoices paid from homeowners.
Today I received a worthless check claim for my cancelation of check. Stating I have to pay the wrong amount
How do I dispute?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (A) This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms; and (B) the site allows experts to opt out of participation in phone calls and I may or may not be able to participate in this feature.
I am sorry to hear about this situation. Explain what you mean by receiving a worthless check claim? As in, being used in court? If so, has an answer been filed?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Expert:  Kent-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/consumer-protection-law/99h8r-gave-contractor-trusted-check-told-couldn-t.html).
Thank you,
The JustAnswer Customer Support Team