Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I have a client that was delivered a pool liner and i was

Customer Question

i have a client that was delivered a pool liner and i was supposed to install it the client went and got someone else to install liner now he got a lawyer and I'm being told the liner is useless what are my options
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.
Have they told you anything about what's wrong with the liner? Do you have a contract that shows you were supposed to install it?
I'm assuming that shoddy installation could cause it to fail, but please correct me if I'm wrong.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told the liner is useless they say it is oversized I did not have a written contract to install just a verbal contract
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Is that something you would have been able to see/fix if they'd let you install it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I could have resolved it if I installed it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am I doomed on this
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
I apologize, but I am not able to call you. Live phone calls in the legal categories, unlike in other sections of JustAnswer, are considered the practice of law, which is forbidden by state laws. I am unfortunately not able to call you, but I am happy to continue with you in this forum. Thank you for your understanding.
In that case, if he was supposed to let you install it and he didn't, you can actually sue HIM for the money you would have made from the job. If he took your product and asked someone else to install it, having it done incorrectly is the risk he takes. Any texts or emails or other correspondence that can prove this is the deal you made will help you win that case. You will have to prove that was the deal you made.
You're not responsible for the other contractor's problems in installing the liner. If you could have fixed it, and they never gave you the chance, they're just out that money.
If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
his lawyer is demanding the money back from said liner i cannot do that because he received the liner and opened the box
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there any way they can sue me i hope not
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You don't have to give a refund for the liner if he breached the contract by not letting you install it AND that's the reason it doesn't work.
Legally, anyone can sue anyone. There's no way to stop this. But you can countersue for your lost profits. Or you can tell the lawyer you'll countersue for your lost profits if they try to sue you, and see if they're willing to reach an agreement.
What they would pay a lawyer to handle this is probably 10x the cost of the liner, so you may be able to work something out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thank you lucy should i keep you informed about the outcome
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. I'd love to hear what happens. Good luck!
Please rate my answer positively to ensure I get credit for the time I spend helping. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. Thank you.