Samuel-II
Samuel-II, Lawyer
Experience:  Practice of law for 20 years
10707909

Attorney Lemon Law State of Minnesota, Auto purchased in

Customer Question

Attorney Lemon Law State of Minnesota , Auto purchased in Arizona ,brought too Minnesota titled here. Do you know of any lemon law attorneys ,that you would recommend. ? Thank you Janyce Amundsen
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

The attorney will need to be licensed in AZ since that is where the vehicle was purchased.

We are precluded from providing one on one legal referrals and so I suggest that you will want to consider contacting the AZ Bar Association for a legal referral service (###) ###-#### I suggest you can tell them you need a consumer protection attorney who is versed in Lemon Laws.

You also can review this LINK under Chapter 5 for the AZ statutes on warranties and lemon laws

Particularly under 44-1264 It states:

44-1264. Reasonable number of attempts to conform motor vehicle to express warranty; presumption

A. It is presumed that a reasonable number of attempts have been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle to the applicable express warranties if either:

1. The same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer or its agents or authorized dealers during the shorter of the express warranty term or the period of two years or twenty-four thousand miles following the date of original delivery of the motor vehicle to the consumer, whichever is earlier, but the nonconformity continues to exist.

2. The motor vehicle is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of thirty or more calendar days during the shorter of the express warranty term or the two year period or twenty-four thousand miles, whichever is earlier.

B. The term of an express warranty, the two year period and the thirty day period are extended by any period of time during which repair services are not available to the consumer because of any war, invasion, strike, fire, flood or other natural disaster.

C. The presumption prescribed in this section does not apply against a manufacturer unless the manufacturer has received prior direct written notification from or on behalf of the consumer of the alleged defect and has had an opportunity to cure the alleged defect.

Please note that I can only provide information for what you ask. In that regard, if you have other questions or need clarification, please post them here. Otherwise, I appreciate your Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.

If you received an invite to participate in a phone call, that is automatically generated by this site. I do not participate in phone calls offered by this site, but we can continue here.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. Your answer has given me a starting point. Jan
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 1 year ago.

You're welcome, Jan. Thanking you in advance for a positive rating.