Dimitry Esquire
Dimitry Esquire, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed in PA & NJ, Experienced attorney.
18572087

I need advice about elder abuse, possible fraud, stealing

Customer Question

I need advice about elder abuse, possible fraud, stealing over $30,000.00 under false pretense, also possible consperancy to comit murder?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dimitry Esquire replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your post. Please permit me to assist you with your concerns.

I would be happy to try to answer your questions. Just please be aware that as I am not your attorney, I cannot directly advise you, but can provide you with legal information. What can I best answer for you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a 62 year old widower, I have major medical problems, I hired a home health care provider from granny nannies, back inMarch since i broke my right hand. She learnedof my money and came onto me and took 8k$the first week for hercar to be paid off and she said she'd pay me back. She said she loved me and took loan after loan including plastic surgery and a full renovation of her home and loans to her family members that dont pay back. She made me call granny nannies the 1st week and tell them he is no longer needed since she said she would get fired if she takes money from a client, Shemaxed out my discover card and my lowes card and i had to take loans to pay the bills, i froze the cards but that just made her stay distant, i found out that she has a boyfriend the whole time shes engaged to me and find out she is still married but done with that one and living with the one i stupily paid to renovate her home 30k and she had me sign my life insurance policies ans allmy death things to her and her sister told me that her and wyatt the boyfriend are just going to let me die and start a life together and have been house shopping foran extra large. i called elder abuse and they sent dcf over who did nothing buttip her off so she went to dmv since i sold her son an rv for 7500$ and he is to make payments monthly almost 400$ for 19 payments, he was late but paid one time, which was this month, so she went to dmv and had my name removed from the title. she made me add her to the title in case i die she said.then she told her son there you go son now you dont hve to make any payments to alan, me.her sister told me shes been doing this for years with elderly clients. she tried to get me to co sign for another loan at her bank and she got denied so then she wanted to add me to the title of her home so i would then have to pay insurance and finish the roof. She spent 3k at the jewelry store wearing 2 diamond rings for her and a gold ring for me that she never gave me and wyatt the boyfriend is wearing it!! I thought she loved me. She also got a 900$ credit at the jewelry torethat i paid for. her utilities are in my name and in order for me to turn them off i had to pay nearly 900 in electric fees. we are talking 40k for the whole nightmare in a few months. Then the day dcf went to her work 4 gunshots at my home were fired from a drive by which has never happened in 20 yrs ive lived here. Her son has been to prison for beating people to death twice and he other sons in prison for murder right now. Her sisters deal pills and do them and have been to jail,one has a warrant, theyre bad people and i think theyre going to try to kill me. Please advise me what to do? Shouldnt there be a advocate for me to go get the restrining order and court order to get my belongings from her t her home as I have parkinsons and have a hard time walking i just beat stage 4 cancer so imnot to mobile. and she has my keys to my home as well. Please help me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im calling elder abuse back tomorrow to tell thm what she did with the title to the rv and im going to callsenior friendship centerto see if they can help me with giving me a part time nurse and some much needed supplies, this lady has taken all my money but i thought it would be worth the 53 dollars to spend with you so i can get legal advice and options and resources and how i can get my money back from her. and get my belongings back from her as well, and mostly stay safe from scammers that prey on sick elderly people.She kept trying to rush me into marriage too, thank god it didnt happen.
Thank you for your follow-up.
That is utterly terrible. If you are in Florida, immediately contact The Florida Department of Elder Affairs at 1-800-96-ABUSE, or at http://elderaffairs.state.fl.us/doea/report_abuse.php. What you are describing is criminal, but you need the state to get involved. Also, please do not wait but contact the police AND also contact your District Attorney's office, provide evidence of fraud, theft, and false pretenses, and ask that the press charges. Keep in mind that in general if you voluntarily transfer, unless you were under 'undue influence', the transfer is good--and even if she lied to you about loving you, the transfer is still likely valid. What isn't valid is if she did so under threat of force, or under duress (either you transfer, or I won't help you, or some similar language), and if you are of advanced age. 62 is likely borderline, but the state can evaluate and see if this would qualify. I believe that it can, but focus with them on your mental health, your lack of self-sufficiency, and your dependence on this woman, which can strengthen your claim for harm.
Sincerely,
Dimitry, Esq.