Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

My son purchased a van a few days ago for $8500. Almost

Customer Question

My son purchased a van a few days ago for $8500. Almost every hour something fails on the car with estimates approaching $3,000. All confidence has been lost and they want out. It is a private sale but from a car salesman and his wife. When they went to sign the title she signed another persons name (i think her fathers but a person never present during any of the negotiations) Is this grounds to force a full refund? Thanks Loren (Oregon)
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

I need to ask a few questions before I comment...

.

1. Who was the actual owner of the van on the title?

.

2. Did the wife have a power of attorney for the person she signed for?

.

3. Did she sign it "***** *****, by Sue Smith, "Attorney in Fact" or "Power of Attorney"?

.

4. Do you have any idea whether she had permission from the other person to sign their name?

.

5. Was there any type of written warranty given?

.

6. How about any representations as to the condition of the vehicle? ("Oh she runs great, nothing wrong at all")

.

7. Have you had a mechanic look at it and if so, is there any evidence that they actively concealed problems?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please refund a large portion $48 paid as i received no advice, just questions. I fully intended to follow up with answers to your questions but my son advised me in a phone conversation prior to reading the above, that they would not pursue any action. We had already kicked around these questions ourselves and was most interested in the interpretation pertaining to the the above questions. I realize it did take time to ask the questions but to be "satisfied" with information above would be a little silly. I would very much appreciate some sort of refund commensurate with your efforts.
Thanks
Loren (Oregon)
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

No worries... I am just an independent contractor on the site, but if you contact JustAnswer's customer service, they will happily provide a full refund of your deposit..

.

.

thanks