Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I HAD hail damage to my vehicle.. Insurance company paid

Customer Question

I HAD hail damage to my vehicle.. Insurance company paid them but my car is leaking water in to the vehicle and the shop wont return my calls. What can I do?
Sonya
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the shop made negligent repairs and they refuse to fix those repairs, they are liable to you for breach of contract. You would need to take the car back to the shop to demand they fix the car properly at their expense. If they refuse to make the proper repairs, then your next step is you have to take it to another shop for repair and you would have the right to sue the first shop for the cost of those repairs in small claims court to recover the money it cost you to get their negligent repairs corrected. You do not need an attorney in small claims court.