Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I signed a contract used car in Texas but I did not drive it

Customer Question

I signed a contract for a used car in Texas but I did not drive it off the lot? I am I financial liable? How do I void the contract. I should have read the fine print I was tired I am 8 months pregnant and my blood sugar was low. I should have never signed the paperwork.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 year ago.
Hello, cancel in writing. Seller has no loss and still had possession. Not likely to pursue you.
Legal basis would fall under seller misleading you or breaching any term of the contract.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!
martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. Good luck. Kindly rate the answer OK or higher.