CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney representing individuals and businesses.
71563194

Also I think I might be a victim of identity theft one of my

Customer Question

Also I think I might be a victim of identity theft one of my credit cards revoked me based on Negative public information found out about me that was not reported through a consumer credit agency
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

If you think you may be the victim of identity theft, I would recommend reviewing this link to the FTC's website regarding steps to take to recover from an identity theft crime:

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/features/feature-0014-identity-theft

You are entitled to a report from the credit card company regarding what information they based their revocation on (under the Fair Credit Reporting Act). Most card companies will voluntarily provide this as a matter of course, but if they did not, send them a written request for this information.

While no particular language is required, see this link for a couple of samples you can use: http://www.careerride.com/view.aspx?id=12307

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay

I do wish you the best with this matter.

Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.

Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.

Bill