Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I was sold a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee with an open recall on

Customer Question

I was sold a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee with an open recall on it that can't be fixed as there is no part for it at this time. It has to do with the ignition switch. I have problems with the jeep almost everyday because of this. I am unable to take the jeep out of town and I am afraid to drive it very far. The dealer that sold it to me I believe knew about this recall is this considered fraud.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  stevewlaw replied 1 year ago.

Fraud is defined differently in different jurisdictions but, in essence, it is an intentional misrepresentation concerning a material fact upon which you relied to your detriment. In other words, if a dealership "knew" that there was an open recall on your vehicle and told you the vehicle was in good operation condition (thereby implying that there were no mechanical problems of which an open recall w

Expert:  stevewlaw replied 1 year ago.

Would be considered, and you purchased the jeep in reliance on the statement of good mechanical condition, then you have relied to your detriment on the dealers misrepresentation of a material fact. It sounds like the vehicle has more mechanical problems than the ignition recall issue.

Fraud hinges upon the affirmative statements made by the dealer about material facts of which they had actual knowledge. This supports the intentional element needed for fraud.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would you recommend me getting a lawyer