Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Are there any laws that protect consumers against cars that

Customer Question

Are there any laws that protect consumers against cars that meet all criteria of a lemon vehicle bought in 2014 with 27,000 miles?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
excuse me besides the lemon law....that doesn't apply, other laws is what I'm asking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I'm headed off to the place that I needed the answer for. I will need to log off here. I will be in my car for a while. I can be reached at(###) ###-####
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.
Responses: The laws that you are looking for are: Uniform Commercial Code ("UCC"); Federal Trade Commission's Used Car Rule; Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
Under UCC, there is implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose. That is, the car must be fit for transportation despite the dealership selling the car "as is." Dealers can successfully use this "as is" defense, but some States specifically prohibit the dealership from disclaiming the implied warranty. Regrettably, I am unable to verify if the State Texas is one of the States.
Under the FTC's Used Car Rule, dealers must disclose whether the car is being sold "as is" or is being sold with used car warranty; what repairs are covered by the warranty and all major defects that can happen in a used car.
Under Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, the dealerships are prohibited from disclaiming the implied warranty when a vehicle is sold with an express warranty. The Act also provides for awards of Attorney's fees to prevailing consumers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was bought as a new car not used.
I do not have anything else to add.
So, I will opt out and give another Attorney the opportunity to further assist you.