Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

Txu is trying to collect fees from 2009. the kilowatt usage

Customer Question

txu is trying to collect fees from 2009. the kilowatt usage is three times my normal usage andthe rate is twice my normal fee. i tried to point this out to a representative and he said they could not go back that far on meter reads, yet they could go back that far on fees. what can i do? awjohnson(###) ###-####
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your next step is to file a written appeal to TXU. If they deny your written appeal, your next recourse is filing a complaint with the local public utility commission, that is who regulates the utility. If the public utility commission cannot resolve this matter, then finally your only remaining recourse would be that you have to sue them for breach of contract and get the court to resolve this mess.