Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

What am I supposed to file now I've received a summons? How

Customer Question

What am I supposed to file now I've received a summons? How much does it cost? I am a senior dealing with a 4th treatment for cancer and broke because of medical bills. The summons was issued by a credit card company's lawyers. I have no resources so it seems futile but don't know what the consequences are if I don't file whatever it is.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

There are various kinds of summonses. Do you mean that you are being sued? If so, when were you served?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I, like most experts in the Legal category, don't do telephone calls due to issues with the various State Bar Associations, etc.

I can opt out and open this question back up to other experts although I don't know if any of them do the phone calls or I can continue in this type of forum, whichever you prefer.

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a senior, on a very limited, below poverty level, income, with no resources, facing my 4th chemo treatment tomorrow, on food stamps. How am I supposed to find the money and strength to fight this Summons from Discover Card - there is no other information on the summons page to say what kind it is. Maybe you can help me find out what kind it is. This site is a nightmare for me to utilize - going round and round, I am trying all the angels I can figure out to get some help that I desperately need. Have to leave for a doctor's appointment right now but maybe when I get back there may be some answers.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

If you can take a picture of the summons or scan it and attach it to this question I can take a look and see if I can tell what it is.

You can handle this when you get back, there's no hurry and I will be online all day.

If you are being sued then I can probably point you to some good books that will explain how to fight the entire case and can give you a link to the first form you file.