Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience in various consumer protection areas
19958803

I purchased a Dell Laptop some 8 months back. Recently the

Customer Question

I purchased a Dell Laptop some 8 months back. Recently the laptop was not working properly so we sent it back to the Microsoft Store from where we bought it. It took 3 weeks for the laptop to get repaired and they informed us that they had to change the mother board. Today my son was using it and saw smoke come out of the laptop and then the laptop wouldn't start. When my wife took the laptop back to the Microsoft store they were ready to offer a $1500 laptop in place of this $400 laptop. Are they trying to coverup something big. Should I be suing Dell for this issue for putting my family and home at risk.
Please advise.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

Was anyone injured due to the defective laptop?

.

Was there any property damage (other than the laptop)?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No Injuries, no Property Damage other than the laptop
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then unfortunately you wouldn't be able to maintain a claim against Dell for "potential damages". The law would only award damages other than the value of the laptop for actual incurred damages due to a defective product.

.

.

thanks