Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I am eligible to upgrade my comcast modem to the Xfinity

Customer Question

I am eligible to upgrade my comcast modem to the Xfinity Wireless Gateway, however I noticed on my bill that my rental fee is $10 per month. Is there a way I can purchase the Wireless gateway outright, rather than rent it for 10/month. That seems kind of a steep price. I recall it used to be a couple of bucks not to long ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You can go and purchase your modem privately from places such as Amazon and then you can have it authorized by your service provider. You do not have to use the modem they provide and once you purchase your own modem they have to connect it.