Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

In 2014 my husband at the time went to a car dealship got a

Customer Question

In 2014 my husband at the time went to a car dealship got a new car and he traded in a car that was in my name only.. He did a bill of sale signing my name to that. I have the original title..He never said a word to me or even ask me to sign anything...Is there anything i can do about him signing my name and the car lot and dmv letting him do thing with out my permission?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
When and how did you find out about this issue?
Did the husband provide the title to the vehicle which was traded in to the dealer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found out about this in April of this year when i was get stuff around for my divorce. He filed for a lost title to give to the dealership. I still have the original title with only my name on it.

Thank you for your follow up.

Are you currently in divorce proceedings?

Why didn't you report the issue to the police when you first discovered it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My divorce is final. . I did talk to the police and they told me that there is nothing they can do.
Thank you for your follow up.
Unfortunately, this type of marital issues, do generally have to be addressed and resolved during the divorce and once divorce is finalized, there is generally no other legal option to address similar situation.
I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.
I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!
Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.